A similar commitment is included in the Southwest Railway Agreement and this clause is also challenged by operator FirstGroup. The bidding process for the new franchise began on February 19, 2015 with the renaming of the East Anglia franchise.  The franchise agreement between the Secretary of State for Transport and Abellio East Anglia Limited of August 23, 2016. In August 2016, the Department for Transport (DfT) awarded the East Anglia order to Abellio. The new franchise, known as «Greater Anglia,» began in October and will be running for nine years. In March 2017, Abellio sold a 40% stake in the franchise to the Japanese company Mitsui, but retains a majority stake with the remaining 60%. The commitments made under the franchise price do not end there and Abellio explains that it has always been considered to manage the franchise as part of a joint venture. We studied the current experiences and ambitions of passengers for the future franchise, published in 2015 and with which we helped shape discussions with dfT in the design of the new franchise. The Telegraph revealed last October that the Netherlands had paid $80 million to save Greater Anglia`s losing franchise. In June 2010, after the 2010 legislative elections, the Ministry of Transport announced that the franchise replacement procedure would be suspended until the franchise process was reviewed, resulting in an extension until February 2012.  In 2002, as part of a reorganization franchised by the Strategic Rail Authority, it was announced that the Anglia and Great Eastern franchises would be combined with the West Anglia of the West Anglia Great Northern franchise to form the Greater Anglia franchise.  This was part of a Strategic Rail Authority strategy to reduce the number of train companies providing services from a single London terminal. This should improve efficiency and reliability.
 The East Anglia franchise is a rail franchise for passenger trains on the Great Eastern Main Line and West Anglia Main Lines in England. It was commissioned in April 2004, when the Anglia and Great Eastern franchises were merged with the West Anglia of the West Anglia Great Northern franchise to form the Greater Anglia franchise. When the tenders resumed, he was for a short-term franchise that gave the government time to plan changes in rail franchising policy based on Roy McNultys Rail Value for Money Study. It also covered the period of the 2012 Olympic Games. Initially, the franchise was scheduled to run from February 5, 2012 to July 2014.  The East Anglia 2016 rail franchise agreement replaced the East Anglia 2014 Rail Franchise Agreement. Updated franchise agreement on version 5.5, which contains an amendment to Schedule 5.9 schedule 1 to increase funding for the STNR program. In November 2009, the Department of Transportation announced that National Express would lose the Greater Anglia franchise in March 2011 instead of being granted an extension until March 2014. The decision followed the national express failure at the National Express East Coast franchise, although National Express East Anglia had fulfilled all of its goals necessary for the franchise`s expansion.
 Updates National conditions of the Greater Anglia rail franchise have added. These documents are part of the public register of franchise agreements.